Monday, July 18, 2005

July 17th




Relatives are visiting and they wanted to go out into the nature to have a bbq. City people... The sheep smelled the boiled potatoes and one parked himself on top of the stone table. Not a popular decision.



I still hadn't been up here this year so I decided to go while the others prepared the bbq. I refused to cross the river at the bottom where it's easy, simply because that's too much like taking the easy way out. I wanted to jump and climb and try to find the best place. I spent 20 minutes getting across, almost got stranded on this little island-like thing in the middle. Looks like a quiet little river but believe me, it wasn't. Finally got over and started climbing the hills - a lot steeper than it looks.




And this is what I found at the top. The river is extra big this year cuz there's still a lot of snow left. A lot of people on the top too, nice day for a walk. Or for fishing like the kids down there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!

Steph said...

Hey, thanks for leaving your comments on my blog. But one thing puzzles me. How do you know what that phrase meant? You know Chinese? Lol...

Regards

Matt McGrath said...

Nice pictures, I went to Bergen once upon a time... Did that railway circuit from there in the fjords, and took day walks. Your photos really bring me back to it...

apples said...

Steph - not sure what that was about but I'm checking it out :)

Ash - nice to hear but those pictures weren't taken in Bergen. They're from Hornindal, the small town I grew up in, seven hours north of Bergen.